KDE HIG: What do you do?

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Mon Dec 11 20:27:13 GMT 2006

Hi Celeste,

I read your blog, and decided to bring this thread up.

What I would like to see in the HIG, is something that talks about RTL user
interfaces. The old developers here know some tricks, and know what to do and
not to, but IMHO those ideas should be written in the HIG.

Most of the issues, are taken care of by the layout system, but there are some
widgets which should not be reversed. For example, widgets which display
time, or date in Gregorian calendar (but only if not translated! translated
calendars should be RTL also). I can also think of things which have to do
with graphics (kwin themes, I mean, close should be on the right, and it has
nothing to do with the language of the interface).

I assume this should be addressed in another list...?
ביום שני 09 אוקטובר 2006, 14:01, נכתב על ידי Celeste Lyn Paul:

--
diego, kde-il translation team - http://il.kde.org