Okular moving

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Sat Dec 2 14:01:39 GMT 2006

Am Sam Dez 2 2006 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> > One more functionality that I would have needed  twice: Change the page
> > size of some pages. In particular, I had a PDF that was used for printing
> > a journal, so it had those additional margins. Now, to print them on our
> > laser printer (and to make them available for download from our
> > homepage), I needed to cut away those margins.
>
> I don't fully understand what you mean.
>
> However, the (probably similar) requirement to print a Letter-sized
> PDF document to A4 paper occurs quite frequently for many users who
> handle US (business or academic) documents in Europe (and vice versa).

No, I have a PDF that is used for offset printing and thus has the margins
that will later be cut away. In particular, it's an A5 journal, but the PDF
is in A4.
If you print that document on a laser printer, you'll also get those margins,
which are simply wasted space. You can't print that document as a brochure in
KDE unless you manage to cut away the margins before printing.

Attached is one page from such a document to make it clear what I mean.

Cheer,
Reinhold
email: reinhold at kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/