Okular moving

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Dec 2 14:43:03 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 22:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Fre Nov 17 2006 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> > * splitting a PDF document along pages
> > * merging/concatenating 2 or more PDF documents
> > * delete pages from a PDF document
> > * insert pages into a PDF document
> > * re-ordering pages of a PDF document
> > * rotating pages of a PDF document (I receive more
> >   than one PDF every week which has upside down or
> >   rotated-by-90-degree, mostly from scanning and
> >   converting to PDF while not paying attention)
>
> One more functionality that I would have needed  twice: Change the page size
> of some pages. In particular, I had a PDF that was used for printing a
> journal, so it had those additional margins. Now, to print them on our laser
> printer (and to make them available for download from our homepage), I needed
> to cut away those margins.

I don't fully understand what you mean.

However, the (probably similar) requirement to print a Letter-sized
PDF document to A4 paper occurs quite frequently for many users who
handle US (business or academic) documents in Europe (and vice versa).
CUPS can handle that for printing with a "-o fitplot=true" command
line parameter (*), in kprinter you can insert that name/value pair
for the parameter in the  "Additional Tags" tab (but it is horrible,
usability-wise).

Are you saying that you want to *convert*/scale the PDF from letter
into, say, A4 size (without printing)?

(*) "fitplot" does the same as "scale to fit media size" in the
    Acrobat/Win32 printing dialog. Note, that fitplot does not
    necessarily preserve the aspect ratio (letter has more width
    than A4, but less height -- scaling with same aspect lets
    many printed documents look rather cr*ppy...)