Patch on ksnapshot

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Tue Aug 29 21:46:08 BST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 19:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 11:16, Martin Koller wrote:
> > And starting a full blown application to print what I already
> > see in front of my face (inside ksnapshot) is really not a user friendly
> > way.
>
> "user friendly" is a "royal plural" term where "user" does NOT mean "a
> specific user that i happen to have in mind at the moment for the
> convenience of my argument" but "the totality of our user base". that
> escapes people, apparently.

come on. You really think its easier to find the print action in some full
blown image manipulation program than in ksnapshot ?
Ever used gimp ? ;-) ...

> if you're going to take part in the conversation, please keep up. the
> recommendation was to replace the Print button with an Open With button
> that would allow people to easily open the image in a full image editor
> that offers print and more.

I try to keep up and I read the original posting.
So ok, sorry for the unneeded steps mentioned earlier.
You still have to click more.
E.g. gimp was mentioned: Have a quick look onto gimps printing dialog.
Do you really think this one is simple to use ?

> though i'm "glad" we're thinking of optimizing for a minority usage case
> that can be handled elsewise

As you also did not do a research, I'd say nobody really knows how many users
need that action.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Computers and Internet gave you freedom.
TCPA would TAKE your FREEDOM!  http://www.againsttcpa.com