Patch on ksnapshot

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 29 18:54:31 BST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 11:16, Martin Koller wrote:
> And starting a full blown application to print what I already
> see in front of my face (inside ksnapshot) is really not a user friendly
> way.

"user friendly" is a "royal plural" term where "user" does NOT mean "a
specific user that i happen to have in mind at the moment for the convenience
of my argument" but "the totality of our user base". that escapes people,
apparently.

> Simply count the steps one would have to make to achieve what is currently
> possible with 1 click:
>
> - click on save in ksnaphot
  < silly list of unecessary steps removed. >
> - remove that temporary image
>
> I really don't see whom you help by removing a simple button, which I know
> is used

if you're going to take part in the conversation, please keep up. the
recommendation was to replace the Print button with an Open With button that
would allow people to easily open the image in a full image editor that
offers print and more.

though i'm "glad" we're thinking of optimizing for a minority usage case that
can be handled elsewise, i'd suggest that if we keep print we may as well add
a cropping tool too. why not!

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness