Notes related to LikeBack / KFeedbackWizard: KDE4-wide feedback tool [long]

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Fri Aug 11 22:27:58 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 11 Août 2006 23:09, Jaroslaw Staniek a écrit :
> Hello,

Well, it's time to go to bed, so I will post another mail tomorrow.
But:

> - crashes (backtraces reported always automatically after one initial
> agreement)

I have such a tool in preparation ;-)

I used the Amarok CrashHandler since beta1 of BasKet Note Pads.
It sends crashes with backtraces by email (instead of showing a useless dialog
to the user) and users can comment on what they were doing before the crash.

A very very useful tool.
It helps you aknowledge that your application is very buggy and will never be
ready for release ;-) And give you very strange crashes that you were not
aware of. Ideal to occupy your long dark nights tracking crashes you can't
reproduce but lot of people have, LOL.

But it's not enough.

I have a Failure Reporting System on the paper, named Thanatos...
I just need to write about it and I plan to post here in a few weeks.
Stay tuned.
I hope LikeBack and (the future) Thanatos will help produce higher-quality KDE
applications. At least my application will be of higher quality... once I
will have solved the reported bugs and crashes :-)

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.