KDE_EXPORT question

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 29 13:59:14 BST 2006

Andras Mantia wrote:
>I'm not sure I completely understood, so, the concrete question: what
>exactly is needed to export symbols from a KDevelop library? Do I need

Create a file that declares all the _EXPORT macros, for all libraries. Set
them all to KDE_EXPORT. Then use the macros according to the library the
class is in.

The Windows guys, when going through the KDevelop module, will do the
necessary #ifdef-code to determine which library is being built. The
build system generates an appropriate macro for each library so that it
can determine the one being built.

Do not attempt to use __KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY or __attribute__. Use the
macros we define -- which in turn are the Qt macros.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway