Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Apr 28 19:26:32 BST 2006

Kuba Ober wrote:
>Couldn't agree more, especially that I'm migrating some more build stuff
> at work to cmake. Cmake and Qt are the only dependencies for the
> product in question, I'd consider it weird at least to add pkg-config
> to the mix if a solution already exists and works.

The weird thing is... every time this subject turns up (and it has, again
and again), you get the Trolls saying: use pkg-config. That's the
Trolltech-recommended way of finding Qt 4.

You know that some distributions ship the Qt libraries in split packages,
right? What happens if qmake is installed and QtCore, but not QtGui?
pkg-config can tell you that, qmake will only barf when you try to create
a .pro project.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway