Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 21:45:01 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 16:38, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> on pkg-config.  Although, I do think it will make it harder for kde
> developers to work with uninstalled qt versions like qt-copy.

Well, a) Qt already depends on being installed and b) it will be actually
easier because it's a matter of adjusting PKG_CONFIG_PATH and you're set.

> But, I suppose I can live with developers complaining that cmake can not
> find qt correctly, and point them to this thread.

Well, the whole reason for this thread is the fact that you get it wrong a lot
of time right now so it wouldn't be really a step back. And as Benjamin
already pointed out, it's not that anyone is pushing you to remove whatever
magic you're using right now, but it would certainly be nice if a solution
which is becoming the standard of detecting library locations on our core
platform (and yes, that is GNU/Linux) would actually by used as the default
by our build system.

Zack

--
There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the third one works.