Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Apr 27 21:38:27 BST 2006

At 04:24 PM 4/27/2006, Zack Rusin wrote:

>Ahm, no. The fact that you don't have it installed doesn't relate at all to it
>working on those systems.
>
>And to be honest you're making a really silly argument. To illustrate this:
>> uname -a
>Linux ppc64 2.6.16-gb2fd16b4-dirty #1 SMP Fri Mar 31 15:49:08 EST 2006 ppc64
>GNU/Linux
>> cmake
>bash: cmake: command not found
>Does that mean we can't use cmake because it's not by default on my machine?
>What about Qt? It's on none of the platforms you listed by default as well,
>doesn't mean we can't use it, does it?
Sure, if you want to depend on pkg-config for kde, you can have your own
copy of FindQt4.cmake for cmake.   The one in CMake itself can not depend on
pkg-config.  Although, I do think it will make it harder for kde developers to
work with uninstalled qt versions like qt-copy.  But, I suppose I can live with
developers complaining that cmake can not find qt correctly, and point them to
this thread.

-Bill