Please test: changes in how Qt4 is found

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 20:21:44 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 15:03, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the discussions on the kde-buildsystem and on the cmake list I
> committed some changes to FindQt4.cmake ind kdelibs trunk.
> Now qmake is used directly to report which uic and which moc should be
> used. It works for me and also on some other machines.
>
> If it breaks the detection of the correct moc and uic for you, please let
> me know ASAP.

Those frequent changes beg the question of whether just using pkg-config
wouldn't be a lot nicer solution.

You can even correctly detect location of proper binaries then with
pkg-config --variable=moc_location QtCore

Qt4 comes by default with pc files, we might as well use them and standardize
on those. (as a nice sideeffect supporting pc files would mean that it's
trivial for people using other build systems to detect KDE/Qt libs)

Zack

PS. Same goes btw for all the X checks - all X libs come now with pc files.

--
I intend to live forever, so far so good.