CMake: please update to 2.4.0

Stefan Winter swinter at kde.org
Sun Apr 23 11:32:39 BST 2006

Hi,

> currently we require cmake 2.3.4, but a 2.4.0 (which is still a beta) was
> released recently.
> You can get it here:
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/
>
> Please update to this version, so we can find any problems with it.
> It will be required for compiling kdelibs from trunk in a few days.

nice coincidence... just tried the 2.4 beta anyways. I have one issue, I think
(apologies if it's noise):

- freshly compiled Qt 4.1.1
- fresh svn co of kdelibs4_snapshot, compiled and installed cleanly
- fresh svn co of trunk/kdebase, compiled and installed cleanly
- fresh co of truck/kdenetwork, tried to build wifi/ subdir (which used to
work up to last time I coded on it, which has been a few weeks)

This ended with the error:

Building CXX object wifi/CMakeFiles/kwifimanager.dir/kwifi_ifaceimpl.o
In file included
from /usr/src/KDE-SVN/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/wifi/kwifi_ifaceimpl.cpp:27:
/usr/src/KDE-SVN/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/wifi/kwifi_ifaceimpl.h:30:31:
kwifi_ifacewidget.h: No such file or directory
/usr/src/KDE-SVN/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/wifi/kwifi_ifaceimpl.h:31:28:
stats_uiwidget.h: No such file or directory

CMakeLists.txt of the directory kdenetwork/wifi contains the ui files that
should generate the .h files:

kde4_add_ui_files(kwifimanager_SRCS
   kwifi_ifacewidget.ui
   config_behaviour.ui
   config_appearance.ui
   stats_uiwidget.ui
   scanresults.ui )

So I would expect uic to compile them. Didn't happen though. BTW, all of the
builds happened in a seperate build dir. The svn co were in a new dir, so no
old rubbish lying around.

# cmake --version
cmake version 2.4-beta

Greetings,