[offtopic] Coverity . . .

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Thu Apr 20 11:59:21 BST 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 09:07, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 03:39, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> > This maybe of interest to this thread:
> >
> > http://public.kitware.com/KWStyle/index.htm
>
> Do you guys have nothing better to do than turn out useful and interesting
> tools?
>
> [ade], getting his morning grump on in a positive way (and darn, now I need
> to compile KWStyle on the EBN -- I'm not sure *style* is what we want to
> check though, KDE code is too diverse for that and we don't have a coding
> style standard beyond 'follow what's already there')

But it would be darn nice if we had.. I don't think the approach to achieving
it is to try to deploy a full blown coding style at once, but slowly
establish bits that are agreed upon, bit by bit.

For example, 4 spaces as indentation is very common, perhaps tha could be a
start a start and it would make a tremendous difference. (/me puts on his
flameshield)

Cheers,

		Frans