Proposal: New module "kdecore"

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Wed Apr 19 10:19:38 BST 2006

Thiago Macieira schrieb:

>> - kioslaves (I know they're not really apps, but let's not name the
>> directory "core")
>> - kdesu
>> - kdebugdialog? maybe this one belongs in kdesdk?
>>

> Yes. Applications don't need to run kdebugdialog. Normal users will never
> know about it either.

Yes, but user support over phone hotline may tell the user in case of
problems to switch on debug message and send the result per email for
analysing. If kdebugdialog would be in kdesdk, they have to tell the
user, please install at first kdesdk before we can get detailled debug
messages. I think kdebugdialog belongs to kdecore, because it is a
frontend for a support located in kdecore.

Ralf