[kde-promo] Coordination of releases

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Apr 13 11:36:35 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 4. April 2006 11:00 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 19:31, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > - Initiating release preparations by sending a note to kde-promo
> > - Creating a list of changes: TWG
> > - Preparation of release notes: MWG, that includes:
>
> May I conclude from the lack of objection to this proposal that we'll do
> releases this way in the future?
>
> Or even better: We'll regard this as an appointment if no one from the TWG
> objects until, say, friday. :-)

I think it clearly shows that "the TWG" doesn't work as release management
fallback if Coolo is on vacation. I'm of the direct nature, so I tell you:
you can come up with whatever rule you want for reminders. But as a matter of
fact, I set and document the dates as early as I can - after that I'm as
likely to forget them as every single person inside the TWG and MWG.
So I see little point in making up any rules of when I should remind someone
else. What do you want to do if I miss the timeline? Fire me?

Greetings, Stephan