Running KDE4 apps from KDE3

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 21:27:02 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 20:46, Andras Mantia wrote:
> kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-andris/ksycoca
Do you have $KDESYCOCA exported? If yes, then you might need to unset it.
Otherwise, check your cache-$HOSTNAME symlink in $KDEHOME.
The code for the location of ksycoca is KGlobal::dirs()->saveLocation("cache") + "ksycoca",
when $KDESYCOCA isn't set. So you can check the path that this goes into, with
kde-config --path cache
(Thiago: see why we shouldn't get rid of kde-config?)

> What does this mean:
> findExe(): returning /data2/kde4/install/bin/klauncher
> Could not load library! Trying exec....
This simply means there is no kdeinit module for klauncher, no problem there.
I'll remove the "!".