Running KDE4 apps from KDE3

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 19:29:25 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 20:15, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 20:53, David Faure wrote:
> > branches/work/kde4/setup-env does "mkdir -p $KDETMP" in addition to
> > setting the environment variables, does it help if you do that?
>
> I use that script with "source setup-env". ;-) And it does not have
> mkdir:
Hmm, sorry, my older copy of it had it for some reason, guess it got removed.

I think you have a kde3 program being launched then, either kdeinit or kded or kbuildsycoca.
For me, typing kdeinit in the kde4 environment says:

[...]
findExe(): returning /devel/kde/inst/kde4/bin/kbuildsycoca
[...]
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP: register 'anonymous-14805' -> number of clients is now 4
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /home/dfaure/.kde4/cache-Asterix/ksycoca
Reusing existing ksycoca
kbuildsycoca: Recreating ksycoca file (/home/dfaure/.kde4/cache-Asterix/ksycoca, version 100)
[...]