Running KDE4 apps from KDE3

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Apr 11 19:15:18 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 20:53, David Faure wrote:
> branches/work/kde4/setup-env does "mkdir -p $KDETMP" in addition to
> setting the environment variables, does it help if you do that?

I use that script with "source setup-env". ;-) And it does not have
mkdir:

export QTDIR=$PWD/qt-copy
export KDEDIR=$PWD/KDE

export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
if test -n "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"; then
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$QTDIR/lib
else
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib
fi
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde4
export KDETMP=/tmp/$USER-kde4
export KDEVARTMP=/var/tmp/$USER-kde4
unset KDEDIRS
unset XDG_DATA_DIRS
unset XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/kde4/plugins

And no, manually running "mkdir -p $KDETMP" after setup-env does not
help.

Andras