Header files (Re: A little review of kdecore & kdeui)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 9 22:46:48 BST 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 01:12, R.F. Pels wrote:
> I think it almost guarantees problems in future when
> people want to port Qt-based software from Windows to Linux because they get
> the casing accidentily wrong.

No it doesn't. It actually helps in that respect.
I have seen, from my own eyes, Windows developer who would copy/paste the class
name (e.g. QLineEdit) after #include<   and who would then add ".h>" to it.
Yes, they ended up with #include <QLineEdit.h>, and it compiled just fine for them,
so why would they bother rewriting it lowercase?
Being able to do #include <QLineEdit> is actually a *great* help for windows-to-linux
portability.