A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Thu Apr 6 18:27:07 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 19:10, David Faure wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sorry but I think everything in your post is wrong :)
hahaha, you didn't read it carefully :P

yes, LGPL is allowing usage in commercial projects, and that's what I said -
excluding the case where someone wants to link statically whole QT + LGPLed
code.

Yes there are exceptions for TT in licences in quite few projects in KDE.
There used to be quite a war about it.
> Hmm?
> That's completely different, the license in kdepim says "in case you had a
> doubt, yes, you can link this code to any version of Qt". This has
> nothing to do with KDE code going into Qt.
> Which was never the idea anyway.

Yes, which means it can be linked statically with QT in proprietary app, which
means TT can use it and their customers as well, which is exactly what I
said.

Just the way I wrote it might not be crystal clear. But we are running off
subject a bit now :)

--
GJ