A little review of kdecore & kdeui

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Thu Apr 6 16:06:34 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 14:44, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Thursday 06 April 2006 21:57, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> > since when you have to get around LGPL ?
>
> Good point, I didn't think of that.  But I suppose TT want maximum
> flexibility with licensing e.g. perhaps a client would like to statically
> link their closed source application against Qt - you can't do that with
> LGPL.  However, I am not a lawyer.
yes, you cannot link statically LGPL code, it will be 'infected' with GPL.
IANAL either. But hey, that's one of the points in getting involved in KDE for
TTs. They can use KDEs bits and pieces and their customers can.
Some add one point to the licence - allowing TTs using the code with
proprietary software (as far as I remember some stuff in PIM does).

--
GJ