cmake announcement ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at
Wed Apr 5 21:09:38 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 21:58, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 21:47, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > Related to that, when will we do the official switch? Maintaining two
> > kinds of Makefiles in parallel is a pain.
> We did the official switch for kdelibs and koffice already. If you think
> kdepim is ready for cmake, simply copy kdelibs' Makefile.cvs over to
> kdepim, to disable unsermake compilation.
> However it's usually a good idea to check that you didn't forget to install
> anything compared to the old build system, which is easier to do while both
> build systems can be used. On a fast machine, compile kdepim with both, and
> diff the installed output; this is what Laurent did in many modules, with
> the results in a file named cmake-missing-install-files.txt in the toplevel
> of the module; no such file in kdepim though.
> So IMHO disabling unsermake in any module is OK now, but is best done after

I'd suggest waiting with the switch until next week, I want to work on it a 
bit over the weekend, it's less work if less modules have to be adapted 

Work: alexander.neundorf AT -
Home: neundorf AT                -
      alex AT               -

More information about the kde-core-devel mailing list