cmake announcement ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 20:58:26 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 21:47, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 21:27, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >
> > now that it is more or less decided that we go with cmake, how about an
> > announcement on the dot ?
>
> Related to that, when will we do the official switch? Maintaining two kinds of
> Makefiles in parallel is a pain.

We did the official switch for kdelibs and koffice already. If you think kdepim
is ready for cmake, simply copy kdelibs' Makefile.cvs over to kdepim, to
disable unsermake compilation.

However it's usually a good idea to check that you didn't forget to install anything
compared to the old build system, which is easier to do while both build systems
can be used. On a fast machine, compile kdepim with both, and diff the installed output;
this is what Laurent did in many modules, with the results in a file named
cmake-missing-install-files.txt in the toplevel of the module; no such file in kdepim though.

So IMHO disabling unsermake in any module is OK now, but is best done after
checking that everything is getting installed, or least listing the things that
are not installed yet and will need to be. This will surely include docs since
that's not done yet.