Suspicous code in kdelibs-3.5.2

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed Apr 5 16:21:17 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 14:58, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 10:52, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Wednesday 05 April 2006 16:26, Christoph Bartoschek wrote:
> > > here is a list of suspicous lines of code in kdelibs-3.5.2 without
> > > khtml. I've checked khtml separately.
> >
> > Wow! How are you getting these results (they look like things the
> > Coverity tool would find, or another static checker)? If there's a tool
> > involved -- not just your brain -- we'd like to apply it regularly to the
> > code on the EBN.
>
> Seconded.
> If you are running a tool (or just your brain), it would be great if you
> would run over kdepim too.

Christoph is the coolest kid on the block with the checker he has :) The
cookie bidding can start("I will give you all my cookies if you check my
code! Even the ones with roseberry flavour!").

Christoph cannot automatically run the tool(such that EBN could use it), but
must report it manually as he does now, due to licensing issues. But agreed
those reports rocks.

I hope that the Coverity listing, once it's up, will provide similar reports.

Regards,

		Frans