Merging settings by group in KConfig

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 13:58:48 BST 2006

Le Mercredi 5 Avril 2006 14:21, Dirk Mueller a écrit :
> On Monday, 3. April 2006 19:11, Sean Meiners wrote:
> > control panel and clicks the 'Defaults'(?) button it reverts to
> > whatever settings the developer put in place rather than the settings
> > the user originally saw.
>
> That would be a horrible (and unlikely) bug though. I don't see how a user
> manages to overwrite the global settings.

I think it's because the [default] button is implemented by the config dialog,
which generally reset all widgets to their default value (set by the
programmer) and doesn't even look the global config file.

(If it's implemented at all,  there are lot of dialogs where that button
simply does nothing,  like the help button)