kdereview/extragear procedure

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 2 23:51:54 BST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 22:54, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 20:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>
> > Since my understanding is that KDE4 will allow even for other modules to be
> > released outside the library schedule, I recommend we come up with a
> > procedure for application review, inclusion and possible exclusion.
>
> Summing up the feedback so far:
>
> - the mail asking for review should be sent to at least kde-core-devel

Or "at most"? ;)
I'm not sure why we can't discuss app reviews on kde-devel, where we discuss
most non-core app code currently.

> - the subject has to be prefixed somehow to allow for easier
> recognition/filtering. Suggestions are [NEW APP] or [REVIEW]
>

> - if application is already in SVN, for example in a playground module,
> related things like translations have to be moved as well. A procedure or
> helper script is needed here as well.

The helper script exists already, l10n/scripts/rename_or_move, but it needs
a full l10n checkout, which only a few people have. Someone on IRC a few
days ago (iirc the katapult author) started to write a script that does a partial
checkout using svn ls + svn up -N, but it's probably not stable/generic yet,
and I guess it will take longer than rename_or_move for those with a full checkout,
and then we have two scripts to maintain....

> - feedback from the TWG would be nice

Well this was some of it :)

> additional thoughts:
>
> instead of a mail to a specific mailinglist, we could have a "product" for
> this on bugs.kde.org, with one "component" for each KDE module.
> The respective "owner" could be the suitable mailinglist(s)
You mean one product like "review"? Assuming we can hide it from users...
We wouldn't gain much though; more setup just for archiving, which lists give us too?