kdereview/extragear procedure

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Apr 2 21:54:36 BST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 20:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> Since my understanding is that KDE4 will allow even for other modules to be
> released outside the library schedule, I recommend we come up with a
> procedure for application review, inclusion and possible exclusion.

Summing up the feedback so far:

- the mail asking for review should be sent to at least kde-core-devel

- the subject has to be prefixed somehow to allow for easier
recognition/filtering. Suggestions are [NEW APP] or [REVIEW]

- if application is already in SVN, for example in a playground module,
related things like translations have to be moved as well. A procedure or
helper script is needed here as well.

- feedback from the TWG would be nice

additional thoughts:

instead of a mail to a specific mailinglist, we could have a "product" for
this on bugs.kde.org, with one "component" for each KDE module.
The respective "owner" could be the suitable mailinglist(s)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>