3 build system patches for 3.5.

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Sun Sep 25 14:25:27 BST 2005

> I'm fine with the switch, but out of curiosity, what's the reason
> you don't
> want it in?

We (the Gentoo packagers) are attempting to address every build time
dependency with a configure switch.  The reason is because many KDE
features are auto detected, but don't offer a "yes/no" option at
configure time - so you may not even deterministically know that you
have some feature set built in, meaning that if you upgrade something
in the background it can potentially break.  We're just trying to
make sure that the option exists to turn features off, even if you
have the underlying support for them installed.