Moving 3 widgets to kdelibs.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Sat Sep 17 20:08:10 BST 2005

Op zaterdag 17 september 2005 16:43, schreef Stephan Kulow:
> Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 23:32 schrieb Tom Albers:
> > Remarks:
> > - for both two to work, kDatePickerPopup[3] class should be copied as
> > well - the existing kdatewidget [4] and kdatetimewidget [5] are slightly
> > different and should stay around for applications needing them or
> > developers who prefer those two.
>
> I don't think we should give developers too many options. The power of a
> good API does only work if it's used. So either you see your widgets as
> superiour and then you should help with porting the applications and
> replace the kdatewidget and kdatetimewidget or I would say there is little
> point in having yet another k*date* class

I think it is more user friendly then the kdatetimewidget, but if i recall
correctly the kdatetimeedit allows users to enter 'next week','next month'
and 'tomorrow', which makes little sense for a birthday field for example.
So I doubt it will - unchanged - fit in all applications.

I'm not able to help with porting at this moment as I'm working in extragear,
but I can surely help converting them in a later stage. I personally don't
like the code duplication and watching bugreports in libkdepim because
digikam uses the same class, that is why kdelibs seemed the right place for
these two.

Toma
http://www.kde.nl | http://www.digikam.org |irc: toma | toma at jabber.kovoks.nl