Moving 3 widgets to kdelibs.

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 15:43:55 BST 2005

Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 23:32 schrieb Tom Albers:

> Remarks:
> - for both two to work, kDatePickerPopup[3] class should be copied as well
> - the existing kdatewidget [4] and kdatetimewidget [5] are slightly different
> and should stay around for applications needing them or developers who prefer
> those two.
I don't think we should give developers too many options. The power of a good
API does only work if it's used. So either you see your widgets as superiour and
then you should help with porting the applications and replace the kdatewidget
and kdatetimewidget or I would say there is little point in having yet another
k*date* class

> 3. SqueezedComboBox [6]
> This is combobox which can hold large items. When an item is larger then the
> size of the combobox, the right part of the text is shown, prepended with ...
> The screenshot in the documentation makes it clearer I think. A tooltip is
> there to show the full text. When the combobox is resized the text
> automatically shrinks/grows. This widget is only used in digiKam atm, but I
> think other applications can use it.
>
> Remarks:
> - SqueezedComboBoxTip [7] should be copied with it to provide the tooltips.
I think there are plenty of cases where we would need something like that :)
But for me the question of namespaces arise when I see such a generic name.

> All widgets are documented and contain screenshots. I'm able to maintain the
> SqueezedComboBox if needed, the first one is not written by me and the second
> is to simple to need maintanance ;-)

Greetings, Stephan