[KDE4] KNotification

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Sat Sep 17 13:16:59 BST 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 07:46 pm, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Samedi 17 Septembre 2005 01:11, Gary Cramblitt a écrit :
> > BTW, the freedesktop.org spec you reference already calls for a
> > notification "server", so KNotify doesn't really go away?
>
> Yes, but it will only handle passive popups.

I'd like to know the reasons for wanting to get rid of the KNotify daemon.  I
understand that you want to add widgets to notification dialogs so that apps
can receive feedback, but why couldn't this be done by extending the existing
API?  A dcop message from KNotify back to the app comes to mind.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer