kdelibs API documentation (was Re: Moving ThreadWeaver to kdelibs)

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Sep 14 21:36:48 BST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 01:38 am, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 14:27, Brad Hards wrote:
> > See
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/qca/examples/examples.doco?rev=419
> >35 8&view=markup for how simple it can get.
>
> Bloody brilliant, Brad. Something to push all over the place (see also the
> KResources apidox thread on -devel, which found the same kind of
> out-of-sync examples). Only problem I can see with this is that the code
> examples have to be compilable, so you can't do the kind of fake example
> like
>
> #include <foo>
>
> Foo a();
> a.doThis();
Well, for something really trivial, you can still inline them using \code, and
hope that proximity gets the markup fixed.

But if you have an example of using half a classes' methods, then doxygen can
automatically link every use in the example to the right method, without
requiring any markup. It is an especially big win when you already have the
example code.

Brad