KFeedbackWizard - another try

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 13 21:17:38 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 18:23, Christian Nitschkowski wrote:

[snip]

> When I first thought about a tool like a feedback wizard, I implemented it
> a different way.
> On the applications first startup, the day of first start was saved in the
> config.
> Each time the application was restarted, it was counted in the config, too.
> After around 20 days after first startup and around 10 starts (BOTH had to
> happen) the wizard popped up automatically on application startup.

If I'm not mistaken KDE tracks the most used apps of a user at least when they
start it through menu or Kicker.
I assume there is some statistic saved somewhere so maybe that could be used
to  decide if an application should show the dialog without user interaction.

Something like "you seem to use %1 a lot, would you mind giving a little
feedback on it?"

Cheers,
Kevin

--