[RFC] Future of "messages" targets

Adriaan de Groot adriaan at codeyard.net
Tue Sep 13 10:40:52 BST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 11:25, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I suggest that we use Bash scripts instead, and I suggest the name
> "makemessages.sh" for those scripts.

No. No no no no no. You may as well suggest we use CMU CLISP. Making use of a
specific shell instead of POSIX is just a really bad idea. If you write
"shell" every place you wrote "Bash" then I'd be willing to consider it. Or
if you write "Python", that's ok as well since we have a Python dependency
for building _anyway_ in KDE4. But don't go adding new dependencies to
unnecessary crap.

A fully automatic approach is to be preferred. Look at the apidox things --
there's a single line to add to Makefile.am and the tools figure it out. The
existing extractrc stuff should (have) be factored into something like the
admin/Doxyfile.am .

--
Adriaan de Groot - CodeYard
                 - Scholier en Open Source