New i18n interface for KDE 4

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Sep 12 23:11:54 BST 2005

Chusslove Illich wrote:
>No, no, I meant the following: using a configure check, we determine if
> on a particular platform compiler allows to overload operator new(); if
> it doesn't, we simply don't overload new(), and KDE compiles normally.

Actually, make it even simpler: make the symbol only appear in debug mode,
for which there already is a #define. If you're compiling in debug mode,
you're likely the developer and should be warned of the invalid use. And
if you're developing with a compiler that doesn't support standard C++
features, well... that's your problem :-)

If you depend on configure-time checks, you need a .h.in file to be
processed into an installable .h, since K18n is going to be exported from
kdelibs.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.