New i18n interface for KDE 4

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Sep 11 17:01:13 BST 2005

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> I don't see much of a maintenance problem just because of overloaded
>> operator new.
>
> [: Guillaume Laurent :]
> You might want to look harder :-).
> [...]
> It's also one of those which got C++ it's reputation of a
> highly-complex-makes-it-easy-to-hang-yourself-while-shooting-yourself-
> in-the-foot language. I agree with Nicolas, overloading new() is not
> something you do casually.

Please excuse me if I am being redundant, but I'd just like to make sure we
are still in the same context. It is not that I want to really provide a
custom new(), but rather to disable it by declaring it private. (As far as
I understood, Nicolas' objection was that not all compilers will allow
that.) This comment still holds then?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)