status on the build system

tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 9 12:37:39 BST 2005

Ok. for now there will be one static config.h which
will include all config-module.h generated.

The configuration system is a cascade, and each bksys
module attach its configuration variables to a python
dictionary. Right now we have the following scheme:
generic.py -> qt4.py -> libxml.py

It is not possible to know in advance the modules
processsed (and all the config-module.h created), so
to generate the top-level config.h dynamically some
sort of post-configuration module will be needed
(called after all others).

While it looks like a good idea to limit the amount of
configuration modules to keep the thing small, this
one will make it possible to to add more consistency
checks before starting to process the targets.

Thomas

--- Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> a écrit :

> tnagyemail-ml at yahoo.fr wrote:
> > there are several unanswered questions about
> >the new framework:
> >* do we want one huge config.h or several config.h
> per
> >module ?
>
> I thought we had decided on several smaller .h
> files, possibly down to one
> #define per header file.
>
> --
>   Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info -
> thiago (AT) kde.org
>     PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>     E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4
> 5358
>
> 4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát
> "cenn", ac eala! se
> rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan
> 'eall'. Ástynt."

/* Thomas Nagy */