Fwd: Re: Switching to QtTestLib for unit tests

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 8 14:11:34 BST 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 09:49, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> There is no guarantee that if you "make it as _simple as possible_" people
> would add test cases for their libs or use existing test cases to prove the
> correctness of their code. This has been proven time and time again.

of course not. but is this a reason to make it harder than necessary? of
course not. unless, of course, our desire is to actively discourage people
from writing tests in which case, yes, let's put more blockers in the way!

> AFAIC,
> asking people to download another module once to run unit tests makes much
> more sense than duplicating the code/effort every which way...

what makes even more sense is to put it in a module everyone has and uses
already: kdelibs.

--
Aaron J. Seigo