more on the kmenu, yay!

seele at obso1337.org seele at obso1337.org
Tue Sep 6 21:26:28 BST 2005

Hey all,

If you are familiar with my kmenu presentation from akademy, you
understand that a solid solution to the fundamental problems with the
kmenu are going to take a long time to develop.

in the mean time, lets fix what we can. labeling, content, and
organization are three major areas we can address with the current kmenu
for 3.5.  since i am only a humble usability volunteer, i have no idea who
to talk to about the actual content ownership of the kmenu.  also,
organization is not universal throughout distributions, and this may pose
a problem.

so here are a list of things id like to know:

* what distros want to participate in a trial kmenu reorganization?

* who 'owns' (or claims) kmenu organization?

* who is willing to assist in translation tests to make sure labels are
universally understood?

thanks,

Celeste