Removing icons from KDE 4 Menus

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Sep 4 12:41:21 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 17:57, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> Please keep in mind that KDE 4 is being developed for release no earlier
> than 2006. We cannot focus mainly on 800x600 pixel screens. Those are
> exceptional small ones.

800x600 is just as important in 2006 as it was in 2000 or earlier.

Two reasons:

*) Small devices.  There are a lot of things that are relatively tiny these
days with the horsepower to run a "real" KDE.  These are getting more and
more common.

*) Really, people do still use 800x600.  My mom does.  My dad does too.  They
complain when I set their TFTs to the native resolution of 1280x1024 and
quickly change them back to 800x600 because it's easier for them to read.
(Granted, they don't use KDE, but...)

-Scott

--
New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.
 --Mark Twain