HCI working group mailing list

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Sep 3 16:43:08 BST 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 12:16, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * Olaf Jan Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> [Sep 02. 2005 20:39]:
> > Hi Dirk!
> >
> > Kannst Du eine kde-ev-hci Mailingliste aufsetzen?
> > Danke!
>
> I already asked for a kde-hci list to be made, wouldn't that be better
> (since not all of the people in this list will be eV members)?

I haven't participated in KDE's usability development for long and knows
absolutely nothing about it, but one thought that strikes is that there
currently exists many lists related to HCI/usability: kde-usability,
kde-usability-devel, kde-guidelines(at least).

One could engage in complex discussions about the differences between HCI &
"usability" and what not, but perhaps an advantage of reusing, say,
kde-usability-devel, could be that there's less lists to subscribe on, and
that one doesn't fragment the forums. For example, kde-usability-devel
already got created because kde-usability was inadequate, and is very low
traffic and have the right people already subscribed(perhaps, or more or
less).

Of course, the idea of the hci-list does not come from the blue sky and I
don't know it. Above comment was just a loose thought on the general approach
of creating (yet another) list for exciting projects.

Cheers,

		Frans