Defaulting to "Icons on Buttons"

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 18:13:01 BST 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 20:04, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Friday 02 September 2005 18:46, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Friday 02 September 2005 19:37, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > > Well, as the document about the new KDE4 icons seems to want to
> > > *remove* the icons from the menus in KDE4,
> >
> > What?
>
> <quote>
> I also hope we'll reduce if not even eradicate icons from
> applications menus and context menus.
> </quote>
>
> From: http://appeal.kde.org/wiki/Oxygen

This is a 180 grade turn. During the last releases more and more actions
got icons. Why should we have icons after all, no? The toolbar can
display text as well. We would save a lot of disk space, resource,
reduce the startup of KDE and applications and artists would have less
work and we can ship more complete iconsets.
 Certainly, I don't agree with this "no icon" direction in the menus.

Andras