image viewers: a different approach

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sat Oct 29 22:48:06 BST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 00:05, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Cropping can (occasionally) get usefull. For example in KAddressBook you
> > can crop a photo to assign it to any contact.
>
> In this case the user doesn't want to crop the *file*, but wants to select
> a portion of the image to use.

Yes, that's exactly what Aurelien said.

> Apples addressbook does this very feature.

KDE's also.

The point is, KAddressbook wasn't able to reuse the code that was already
there with the KView KImageCanvas, or any other image viewer supporting
cropping, but rather needed it's own implementation (I think it's implemented
in kdelibs, though).

--
C'ya
        Matthias