New i18n interface for KDE 4, second try

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sat Oct 29 11:21:49 BST 2005

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> i18n("Blah, blah: %1 %2").arg(foo).arg(bar).toString();
>
> [: Ingo Klöcker :]
> I don't really want to comment on those proposals. Instead I just want
> to point out that sometimes it's important to make several replacements
> at once (like the multi-argument variant of QString::arg()). [...]

That part was never in question: no matter to what exactly the .arg()
methods reffer in the end, they will always fully match those in QString.

On a side note, I was assuming without any second thought, that having to
finish *every* i18n call with a special method (toString() or even
something short as end() or t()), compiler error otherwise, would be make
programmers in general very unhappy. Is this so (like, opinions please)?
If not, all our problems would be solved :)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)