image viewers: a different approach

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Oct 29 00:12:13 BST 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 00:51, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dissabte 29 Octubre 2005 00:39, Ingo Klöcker va escriure:
> > On Friday 28 October 2005 12:08, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > Just to kill this portion of the thread here are a few apps off
> > > the top of my head that want an embeded viewer for images:
> > >
> > > KMail, viewing images
> >
> > Sorry for repeating what I already wrote above:
>
> What's the benefit of having to embed khtmlpart to see a image when
> you can embed a hypothetical kimagepart?

The point is that I don't want to use an embedded khtmlpart anymore to
view the image in a separate window. Currently we do this, but I don't
think that using an embedded viewer (be it khtmlpart of kimagepart) is
a good solution if we have to possibility to use a fast external viewer
which even has basic image manipulation functionality. This is all
about maintainability.

Regards,
Ingo