image viewers: a different approach

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 18:35:50 BST 2005

This sounds better than keeping KView around! You might want to take a look at
the ideas (and code) of a KImage{Canvas,Viewer} interface that I toyed with
in KView.

And concerning the Gwenview shell, I'm not so sure it has to die. Just change
your focus to make Gwenview a first class citizen in Konq, and keep the shell
to do things Konqueror isn't able to do (if you happen to be able to do
everything you want with Konqueror then you might give up the shell, though).

The one thing that made me keep the KView shell is that in Konqueror all parts
are supposed to be readonly parts. Meaning that a simple select->crop is not
allowed (though it's of course possible). But perhaps the crop functionality
could be implemented as a "copy selection into new file" or so.

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de