[RFC] Possible KView Maintainership

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Oct 26 06:59:56 BST 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 07:37 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> > An image viewer needs to turn images by 90 degrees and save them.
> > The Windows image viewer does it, all proper image viewers do it,
> > and it's quite a necessity for newly taken photos.
>
> Yes, that action it is needed for that purpose, but is it necessary
> for KView to do it.  KDE has an application for digital photos.

1) If I'm using KView I will not want to start a different application
just to rotate a picture.

2) My camera uses standard USB umass, so I have no need of specialized
software for cameras. Which means I'll still want something that will
rotate pictures.

3) I like software that does just one thing and does it well. But an
image viewer that can't rotate images isn't an example of "does it
well."

--
David Johnson