[RFC] Possible KView Maintainership

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Oct 24 17:17:18 BST 2005

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 23 October 2005 00:14, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>> Currently you can step through the images in a directory but
>>this feature isn't 100% stable.  I don't know if this is needed or not.
>
> I suggest you fix features that work, but are not perfect.  Stuff that
> basically does not work is different.
> I am sure that you can find out after talking to various users of the
> application what is actually being used and what is not, since you are
> making the classic mistake here for thinking you are representative of
> the users of KView.  You are not. No developer can be.
>
> Don't remove features without proper research.
> The only exception to that rule is that some features should never have
> been released, which the above is not one of.

Actually, I use the feature to step through the images in a directory.
So, if it were up to me, I would keep it -- I am just bringing up the
question.

Other comments on feature removal are based on product targeting.  As I
said, features that work better in more advanced applications are
feature bloat -- an image viewer doesn't need to be able to modify and
save images.  I don't know exactly how the print function works so I
haven't reached any conclusion about it yet.

--
JRT