Proposed new kdelibs time zone classes

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Mon Oct 17 00:07:52 BST 2005

Here is my proposed new code for the kdelibs/kdecore time zone classes. I've
attached new code rather than diffs since the changes are very substantial
(although some parts of the existing code is still retained). The aim of the
changes is to provide base classes to use for deriving non-system time zone
classes. In particular, this will form a basis for implementing time zone
classes for iCalendar time zone data, which should allow some long standing
bugs in kdepim to be fixed. The current time zone implementation is only
really suited to dealing with system time zones, not time zone information
from other sources.

See the discussion on 29th and 30th September in this mailing list
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=112800361918888&w=2 etc.) for more
details.

Note that I haven't yet tested the KTzfile* classes - I'm in the process of
doing that now. The system time zone handling doesn't depend on them, so they
aren't so important.

Can I commit?

--
David Jarvie.