KDE system guard

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Oct 11 19:14:57 BST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 18:18, Hans Meine wrote:
> For apps with windows, the fastest way of killing I know is
> Ctrl-Alt-Escape, that's fast enough IMO. ;-)

Well, Windows uses a nifty trick that we can't easily do due to the Unix
security model. When launching the task manager through the key binding or
the panel's context menu the spawned process gets a high priority, so even
under high load the task manager can start up relatively easy.

Under unix it's rather hard to run non-root processes with a negative (high
priority) nice level though.

--
Martijn